Wednesday, December 7, 2022

December 7th. 1941

Remembering our country and the lives lost and changed forever, on the anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941. This headline is included in The Heart of a Soldier, courtesy of Williamstown American Legion Post 239. During the midst of writing this, I attended a dear friend's party being held at this Post. I walked in and was surrounded by historic newspaper headlines framed and hung all around the room. I felt like I had stepped back into the time period that I had been extensively researching. It was both deeply moving and somewhat surreal. I don't think many adults can think of this date and it's impact on this country, it's soldiers and citizens during World War II and not be moved. We were and are quite a country. Giving thanks for this country and those who stepped up to defend the USA and the Allied countries during WWII, and thankful for those who continue to defend this great country even today. #WWII #Memoir #LoveStory #WW2 #veteran #veterans #Soldiers #ww2history #worldwar2 #worldwarii #worldwartwo #worldwar2history #worldwariihistory #Pearl #pearlharbor

No comments:

Post a Comment